JeromeSDN is a modular, command line, software-defined firewall and router that works inside HCI systems or any x86 commodity server hardware. JeromeSDN can be deployed as core routers, branch routers, edge routers or in any network environment that requires robust firewall features.
Flexible, easy to deploy, software-defined, no dedicated hardware required.
Multiple uses, deploy as firewall, core router, branch router or edge router.
Software-Defined Cloud & Data Center Gateway
JeromeSDN Software-Defined Network is a typical enterprise, software-defined routing platform that comes with a strong set of capabilities. Its powerful command line interface (similar to Cisco routers) provides stable access to the internet for the whole network, reliably operate with a high number of connections at a time, protects internal resources from unauthorised access from the outside, provides access for remote workers to the network and operates in a high availability configuration for stable and reliable connection.
JeromeSDN is software-defined; it can be deployed as a virtual machine, or multiple virtual machines in a complex virtual switching environment or it can also be simply installed in any suitable x86 hardware with several RJ45 ports for external interfacing.
The Importance Of Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
Whether you have servers in your office, in your data center, or on the cloud – JeromeSDN can be used to establish a secure access to and between any of them.
To promote stability and confidence in your business, you have to make sure that one of your biggest goals is to keep your servers safe and protected from unwanted exposure. Plenty of flexible VPN solutions are available to secure your data communications, whether it’s for internet privacy, remote access for employees, securing IoT, or for networking cloud data centers. If you have already determined your business priorities, now is the time to consider which of the business VPNs is most suitable for your needs and in terms of protecting your sensitive data.
Why do you need it?
- To secure automatic remote connections with an additional level of security even for secure resources in public internet (such as TLS secured websites) and to shield corporate users’ access to sensitive resources.
- To allow any user to log into the data center from outside the office (i.e “road warriors”), be it from home or on the road.
- Remote access to corporate internal services allows for remote work and instant response to unforeseen problems.
- To reach the public internet in any place in the world and to bypass blocks to resources and services from regions with strict internet usage policies and strict internet access laws.
- To invest in a solution even with a limited budget in order to secure your business from potential financial setbacks.
- Cost-efficient in comparison to data center grade routing hardware investments for security enhancement.
For an end-user VPN using a single JeromeSDN server, OpenVPN will generally provide the best results in terms of ease-of-use and stability. It is best suited for access from a wide range of portable devices such as mobile phones, tablets and notebooks, as the client software is available for most operating systems. Connection can be managed by a server administrator. OpenVPN profiles provide a single-file configuration for each client and server.
To establish and maintain a stable connection between networks, JeromeSDN offers support for various tunneling protocols such as GRE, IPIP, VXLAN, GENEVE. If encryption is required, IPSec (VTI or tunnel) and WireGuard are also well supported.
For a network with custom requirements for encryption, L2TP/IPSec might be preferable.
If the traditional VPN protocols are unavailable due to external constraints, SSTP is a suitable alternative.
In addition, JeromeSDN lets you build VPNs that directly communicate with each other across multiple sites without having to statically configure all devices, through DMVPN.